LABO Nutrition FlexC MAX EX with Turmeric Curcumin C3 Reduct 95% Tetrahydrocurcuminoids, Bioperine, Boswellia Extract & OptiMSM, Effective Anti-Inflammatory & Antioxidation, Joint & Body Pain Relief
About this item
- NEW PAIN RELIEF SOLUTION: Extra strength pain relief formula that targets inflammation, the root cause of discomfort so you can break free from recurring pain, aches and stiffness. Provide antioxidant protection to joints by supporting a healthy inflammatory response.Boost your immune health.
- PATENTED INGREDIENTS FOR SYNERGISTIC EFFECT AND BEST ABSORPTION: Boswellin Super Boswellia Extract – 30% AKBA (most powerful boswellic acid to suppress inflammation), Curcumin C3 Reduct (derived from Curcumin C3 Complex) – standardized for 95% Tetra-Hydro Curcuminoids (powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties), BioPerine Black Pepper Extract (enhances bio-availability and absorption of nutrients by 2000% better than normal turmeric products) and OptiMSM (purest and safest).
- HIGHER POTENCY: 3 times more bioavailable & 250 times more potent than regular curcumin, Proven to be more effective than glucosamine and other over-the counter alternatives; GUARENTEED POTENCY: Highest marker for standardization of bioactive extracts; RESEARCH PROVEN & SAFE: Research supported & GRAS (Generally Recognised as Safe) status; GENTLE ON STOMACH: Free of glucosamine and chondroitin.
- RECOMMENDED FOR: ✓ Those with joint or muscle discomfort – knee pain, neck and back pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, wrist pain, foot or ankle pain. ✓Sport enthusiast – pain from excessive training or injuries. ✓Inflammation-related conditions – migraine, heart issues, abdominal pain, chest pain, constant fatigue, allergies. ✓History of joint injuries, fractures or any sport injuries.
- RELATED TERM: benefits bioprene circumin cucermin cucumin cucurmin curcumen curcumim curcurim curcurmin curicum effects good herb herbal nature's natures numeric piperine trumic tumetic tummeric tumric tumuric turmeic turmerones turmic turneric tucmeric tumeri turmericcurcumin tumeroc turemic turmer termeric trumeric tmeric tumerica tomeric tumerico tuneric tumetric tumericx timetric tumerik turmerik tumerick turmericx curumin cur-cumin cur curculin curcuwin curcuminoid longa pepperine peperine
39 In Stock
Ageing, unhealthy diet and lifestyle, stress, environmental factors and overactive immune response are risk factors that promote chronic inflammation – a persistent inflammation that can have long-term effects on the whole body. Pain in the body, especially at the joint, is one of the most common symptoms of chronic inflammation.
What triggers joint discomfort
Joint discomfort includes joint pain, stiffness, swelling and some degree of disability. There are several factors that can increase the risk of joint discomfort:
Ageing people are susceptible to soreness and aches when they climb stairs, walk or exercise. Natural deterioration of the body can lead to cartilage loss and inflammation which results in a vicious cycle of joint pain.
2. Daily Walking
A lifetime of walking can cause wear and tear on the cartilage, the synovium can become inflamed and thickened. This leads to cartilage loss which causes the bones to rub against each other and resulting in pain, swelling and reduced range of motion.
3. High-impact exercises
Though exercises are good for health, they can also stress the joints. High-impact exercises such as soccer, running, hockey, etc, are likely to cause injuries to the joints, leading to inflammation and damage to the cartilage. This may result in severe pain and limited range of motion.
Overweight individuals are at higher risk of developing joint problem as their weight would stress and wear out the joint cartilage, and leading to inflammation. Repeated cycles of inflammation worsens the cartilage loss and develop into chronic joint pain and swelling.
5. Oxidative Stress
Oxidative stress arises due to an imbalance between free radical production and antioxidant protection. Inflammation triggered by oxidative stress can induce cartilage damage, causing joints to become painful and stiff, with a reduced range of movement.
6. Overactive immune response
An overactive immune system will attack and damage the body’s own tissues including those in the joints, thereby leading to inflammation, swelling and pain. If left untreated, the inflammation can gradually cause permanent joint damage.
Readily available nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen are the most-used medications to ease joint pain, stiffness and swelling. Nonetheless, the use of NSAIDs is commonly associated with gastrointestinal side effects (abdominal pain, ulcers, bleeding etc). Even worse, these medications have been suggested to increase the rate of cartilage breakdown and speed up the need for joint replacement (Journal of Prolotherapy 2(1): 305-322 (2010)).
Boswellin® Super Bowsellia Extract - 30% AKBA
Boswellin® Super is a standardised herbal extract from the gum resin of Boswellia serrata (Indian frankincense). Boswellia extract had been used as an anti-inflammatory and painkiller in Asian and African folk medicine for centuries. Among the four bowsellic acids in the extract, acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid (AKBA) is most powerful in suppressing a pro-inflammatory enzyme to help provide relief for discomfort and support prevention of cartilage loss.
Curcumin C3 Complex® - 95% (Curcuminoids Turmeric Root Extract)
Turmeric is a spice and medicinal herb popularly used in India to treat joint inflammation, sprains, swelling caused by injury, asthma and allergic conditions. Its main active ingredient, Curcumin, is a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory property. Curcumin C3 Complex® is extracted from the dried rhizomes (underground stems) of Curcuma longa (turmeric) and standardised with a minimum 95% Curcuminoids. The C3 Complex® refers to curcumin, demethoxycurcumin (DMC) and bisdemethoxycurcumin (BDMC), collectively known as “curcuminoids”.
BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract
BioPerine® is a standardised black pepper (Piper nigrum) extract used for over 20 years to enhance the bioavailability of an ingredient. It may be co-administered with various nutrients to enhance their absorption by at least 30%.
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an excellent source of sulphur, an important building block for protein synthesis and essential nutrient for the maintenance of healthy joints, tendons, ligaments and other connective tissue.
OptiMSM® is the purest, safest, and most consistent MSM in the world. It is easily assimilated into the body to support healthy cartilage, protect joints, manage swelling and pain and support a normal range of motion. OptiMSM® also helps deter the accumulation of oxidative damage developed as a result of ageing and stress.
- Joint discomfort – knee pain, neck and back pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, wrist pain, foot/ankle pain (e.g. pain, stiffness, swelling, limited range of motion)
- Muscle discomfort – Pain, strains, spasm
- Middle-aged and the elderly – pain and stiffness due to joint and cartilage degeneration
- Overweight individuals – knee pain due to weight burden on the joints
- Physically active individuals – pain from excessive training or injuries
- Inflammation-related conditions – migraine, heart issues, abdominal pain, chest pain, constant fatigue, allergies
- History of joint injuries or fractures
Study 1: In a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, 47 healthy adults with knee pain were randomised to consume a daily capsule containing either 100 mg/day of Boswellin® Super Boswellia serrata extract or a placebo for 8 weeks. Their knee pain was evaluated at baseline, 4 weeks and 8 weeks intervention.
Compared with baseline (before treatment), the group consuming Boswellin® Super showed significant improvement in knee-pain relief after 8 weeks of intervention.
In a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled parallel-group clinical trial, patients suffering from mild-to-moderate knee osteoarthritis (OA) were assigned to Curcumin C3 Complex® (1500 mg/day in 3 divided doses) for 6 weeks. Each 500mg capsule contained 5mg Bioperine® to enhance oral bioavailability of curcuminoids.
Significant improvements in the pain, stiffness and physical function scores compared to baseline (before treatment) were observed. In addition, the proportion of subjects reporting no or decreased use of NSAIDs (naproxen) at the end of study was significantly greater in the Curcumin C3 Complex® group (p < 0.001), this suggests the effectiveness of curcuminoids in managing OA.
Leukotrienes are inflammatory molecules produced by enzyme 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO). In this in vitro study, boswellic acid AKBA was found to inhibit 5-LO inflammatory activity, thereby suppressing the production of leukotrienes and inflammatory response.
3) Provide antioxidant protection to joints
Besides “mechanical stress”, oxidative stress also contributes to the development and progression of osteoarthritis (OA).
Curcuminoid is a strong antioxidant with potent anti-inflammatory property, thus, may be helpful in the treatment of OA. In a randomised, double-blind and placebo-controlled trial, 40 patients with mild-to-moderate knee osteoarthritis were administered either 3 capsules of Curcumin C3 Complex® formulation (500 mg Curcumin C3 Complex® and 5 mg BioPerine® combination per capsule) or placebo daily for a period of 6 weeks. Supplementation with Curcumin C3 Complex® - BioPerine® resulted in significant improvements in systemic oxidative stress biomarkers, which further validates antioxidant effects of curcuminoids in OA. Curcumin C3 Complex® - BioPerine® reduces oxidative stress in osteoarthritis
4) Protect healthy joint structures
In this test, osteoarthritis was induced into knee joints of subjects. Consumption of a diet containing Boswellia serrata (BS) extract (100 and 200 mg/kg) for 35 days significantly suppressed the development and severity of osteoarthritis in subjects, as shown by decreased levels of factors (MMP-3, MMP-9 and MMP-13) that degrade the cartilage. This study suggests that BS extract may be a potential therapeutic treatment for degenerative osteoarthritis.
Size: 60 capsules
Active ingredients per 2 capsules: 100mg Boswellin® Super Boswellia serrata Extract, 500mg Curcumin C3 Complex® Turmeric Root Extract, 10mg BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract, 890mg OptiMSM®.
Unique properties of key ingredients
Boswellin® Super Boswellia Extract:
- Standardised to 30% AKBA
- Research proven safety and efficacy
- Kosher and Halal certified
- Patented in US, Europe and globally, pertaining to specific applications of boswellic acids
Curcumin C3 Complex®
- Standardised to ≥ 95% curcuminoids
- Highly safe. The only curcumin in the market that has been reviewed and acknowledged by the USFDA for its GRAS (Generally Recognised As Safe) status
- Research proven. More than 20 years of research; more than 80 research papers including 45+ clinical studies have been published; granted “Most Extensively Studied and Clinically Documented” status
- Numerous awards. Received “Scientific Achievement Award” in 2007 and “Product Merit Award” in 2008 from Nutrition Business Journal; “Functional Ingredients Editor’s Choice Award (Marketing)” in 2012; “The Most Trusted Brand” for over 2 decades
- Kosher and Halal certified.
- Patented in US and Europe, pertaining to “Bioprotectant” composition of three curcuminoids
BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract:
- Standardised to ≥ 95% piperine
- Highly safe. Granted GRAS status after a comprehensive review of safety and toxicology data by an independent panel of scientists with international repute.
- Research proven safety and efficacy
- Long-standing ingredient. Introduced in the marketplace since 2 decades ago to enhance bioavailability of other nutrients
- Kosher and Halal certified
- Patented in US, Europe, Japan and Canada
- Comprised of 34% bioavailable sulfur - the richest source known to man
- Highly safe. The only GRAS-designated MSM on the market. There is no known evidence of interactions between OptiMSM® and pharmaceuticals, herbs, vitamins or minerals.
- Research proven. Backed by numerous pre-clinical and clinical studies for safety and efficacy
- High quality. Non-GMO, gluten-free, allergen-free, non-shellfish-derived, no banned substances and vegan MSM backed by extensive toxicology data.
- High purity. A proprietary multi-stage distillation process ensures a 99.9% pure product to guarantee a consistent, high-quality form of MSM
- High consistency: 25+ years of manufacturing expertise backed by ISO 9001:2015 registration, FSSC22016 certification, HACCP and cGMP compliance
- Kosher and Halal certified
2 capsules daily after meal.
The bioavailability of various boswellic acids, especially AKBA was shown to be significantly enhanced by concomitant administration of a fat-containing meal (e.g. fried eggs, bacon, milk etc.)
Caution: Dietary supplements are not a substitute for a healthy diet. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any medication, please consult your physician before consuming any supplements. Discontinue use 2 weeks before surgery.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture. Keep out of reach of children.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.