FloraGenesis + SunFiber GG
Did you know, 90% of cells in the human body is microbial? The gut has the largest number of microbes (> 100 trillion) and the greatest number of species (≥ 1000 species) compared to other parts of the body. Good and bad bacteria reside in the intestines, with Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium being the two most important beneficial species found here.
It refers to bacteria and other microorganism that live inside the intestine. A healthy gut flora with 80% good bacteria is the key to good health. Scientific studies confirmed that poor intestinal health due to an imbalanced gut flora (dominated by bad bacteria) is the root cause of many chronic health problems.
Abnormal bowels - Diarrhoea, bloating, gas, constipation.
Poor skin conditions – Acne, eczema, rosacea.
Weird tongue patterns – A white film layering tongue, red dots or lumps on the side or back of tongue.
Poor mental health – Brain fog, mental fatigue, stress, anxiety, depression.
Poor immune health – Nagging coughs, colds, sore throats, flu-like symptoms.
Trouble maintaining a healthy weight – Obesity
1. Sweets – High sugar intake causes potentially harmful microbes to multiply rapidly.
2. Wine and beer – Excessive alcohol consumption can alter microbial balance.
3. Poor sleep – Sleep deprivation affects gut microbial diversity.
4. Antibiotics – They kill both the good and bad bacteria in the gut.
5. Insufficient fiber – Fiber serves as food for good bacteria to grow.
6. Pollution – Environmental pollution can alter the balance of the gut flora.
7. Drinking chlorinated water – Chlorine kills both good and bad bacteria in the gut.
8. Foods with Artificial coloring – They are antibacterial and antifungal and thus disrupt the natural order of gut flora.
9. NSAID painkillers – They disrupt the balance of bacteria in the gut.
10. Stress – Stress kills good bacteria and increases the number of bad bacteria, it also reduces microbial diversity.
Probiotics are live beneficial bacteria. When ingested in adequate amounts, they can enhance the health of your digestive tract, colonise and restore the good bacteria count in your gut to suppress the ‘trouble-making’ bad bacteria, support absorption of nutrients while eliminating toxic compounds from the digestive tract. Thus, it is important to replenish with the right type of dietary probiotics to maintain a good flora balance.
SunfiberTM, also known as partially hydrolyzed guar gum (PHGG) is a 100% water soluble, galactomannan based dietary fiber derived from the Indian guar bean.
Unlike most fibers which typically cause side effects such as excess gas, bloating, cramping or loose stools, SunfiberTM is low FODMAP, which makes it gentle on the gastrointestinal system and does not cause bloating or discomfort associated with high FODMAP foods.
What is FODMAP?
FODMAP stands for fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols. These are short-chain carbohydrates which are poorly absorbed in the small intestines, hence the uncomfortable side effects such as bloating and diarrhea. SunfiberTM is low FODMAP, so does not cause discomfort.
Most oral probiotics are prone to destruction by gastric acid and bile as they journey down the digestive tract, even before their beneficial activities can take effect. Although live cultures are typically coated by a capsule, they are still not protected against ambient humidity, warm temperatures or gastric acid and so cannot survive for long.
Supports good gastrointestinal health
• Balances intestinal microflora – increases good bacteria and suppresses the bad
• Relieves constipation – promotes bowel regularity, reduces urgency and feelings
of incomplete emptying
• Reduces gastrointestinal symptoms during antibiotic treatment (diarrhoea,
abdominal pain, nausea, etc)
• Reduces digestive/gastrointestinal discomfort – pain, bloating
• Reduces risk of leaky gut (toxins and bad bacteria entering into the blood stream)
• Reduces side effects and microbiota alteration of triple therapy prescribed
for H.pylori infection
• Protects against NSAID-induced side effects (i.e. increased stomach permeability)
Supports healthy immune functions
• Supports quick recovery from flu/cold
• Increases antibody production in response to vaccination
• Manages respiratory and food allergy (including gluten allergy)
• Manages inflammatory reactions
Combats pollutants (cadmium, aluminium, copper)
• Increases excretion of pollutants
• Reduces intestinal absorption and tissue accumulation of pollutants
• Ameliorates liver damage and oxidative stress
Supports cardiovascular health
• Supports healthy blood pressure
• Supports healthy blood lipid
• Supports healthy heart rate
• Supports healthy blood glucose levels
• Helps protects against cardiovascular risks
Supports liver health
• Helps reduce fat accumulation in the liver
• Supports liver function
Supports oral health
• Reduces depth of periodontal pockets
Increases minerals absorption
• Increases calcium absorption for optimal bone health
• Increases iron absorption and helps protect against anaemia
Supports skin health
• Reduces wrinkle depth
• Improves skin radiance and elasticity
• Increases skin water content in the face and hands
• Increases sebum content to prevent excessive water loss and protects
skin from bacterial and fungal infections
Supports healthy weight
• Reduces body mass index (BMI) and fat mass in adults with obesity
Supports healthy ageing of elderly
• Improves intestinal microflora
• Strengthens immunity
• Reduces skin ulcers and hair loss
Supports brain health
• Supports cognitive function
• Protects against diarrhoea and related symptoms
• Supports healthy immune system
• Soothes reactive skin
• Protects against anaemia
• Reduces respiratory infections
• Reduces allergy in children who are sensitive to egg white protein
• Supports healthy development with better nutrients absorption
Supports intestinal regularity
By helping food to move through the digestive tract at the right pace, SunfiberTM helps to relieve both occasional constipation and occasional diarrhea, improve stool consistency and bowel regularity in both adults and children.
Improves symptoms of gastrointestinal discomfort
5g per serving of SunfiberTM helps improve bowel regularity, relieve constipation and gastrointestinal discomfort, including flatulence, bloating, indigestion and altered bowel habits.
Promotes intestinal health
SunfiberTM is a prebiotic fiber that increases the number of good bacteria - Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus - in the gut to promote healthy gut flora. Fermentation of SunfiberTM by the gut bacteria in the colon results in the production of short-chain fatty acids, which provides energy for the cells lining the colon, suppresses growth of bad bacteria in the gut, promotes calcium absorption and reduces appetite.
Reduces glycemic index of foods to support healthy blood glucose
Glycemic index (GI) is a measure of how quickly a food increases blood sugar levels, with lower GI indicating less impact on blood sugar levels. When consumed during a meal, SunfiberTM reduces the GI of foods, thereby helping to reduce post-meal blood sugar spikes and support healthy blood glucose levels.
Supports healthy weight & satiety effect
SunfiberTM helps to increase the feeling of fullness and decreases hunger pangs. This helps to manage appetite and healthy body weight. Unlike other fibers, SunfiberTM does not “obstruct” food movement in the gut. Instead, it slows the gastrointestinal transit time and increases satiety hormone cholecystokinin (CCK) to keep a person feeling comfortably full and staying satiated for longer.
Supports nutrient absorption
Some dietary fibers restrict absorption of macronutrients or minerals such as magnesium and calcium into the body. SunfiberTM is unlike those fibers, it improves absorption of minerals, including calcium, iron and zinc.
Regulates moisture and electrolyte exchange in the gut
At the beginning of digestion, moisture assists in the transport and digestion of food as it passes through the alimentary canal. It also maintains electrolyte balance which is important as electrolyte imbalance, especially altered magnesium, potassium, calcium or sodium levels may lead to muscle spasm, weakness or twitching.
Contents: 30 sachets
1. Are single-strain or multiple-strain probiotics better?
Studies have shown that multiple-strain probiotics appear to provide greater efficacy than single-strain, even though the same single strains are components of the multi-strain formulas. Since each probiotic strain has its unique functions, combining various strains of probiotics will offer a wider spectrum of benefits than a single strain. Besides, taking huge numbers of a single strain probiotic may upset the gut microbial balance and even alarm the immune system. FloraGenesis Ultra Wellness combines 15 probiotic strains in a synergistic manner to maximise their potencies in restoring the balance and diversity of intestinal microflora.
2. Why do I need FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness?
Stress, processed foods, chlorinated waters, some medications and other lifestyle factors can cause imbalance to the gut flora (when the bad bacteria in the gut far exceed the beneficial ones). In addition, the abundance of carbohydrates and sugars consumed daily also feeds the bad bacteria and helps them to thrive. This can affect the day-to-day energy levels and immunity of the body. Supplementation of probiotics with FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness helps increase good bacteria and maintains the balance of beneficial bacterial in the gut, thereby supporting body overall wellness that includes the digestive, intestinal, immune and bone health.
3. Can the probiotics in FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness reach the gut intact and alive?
Yes. The probiotics in FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness are well protected by a patented 5-layer microencapsulation (Patent no. M479761) consisting of the best natural peptides, glycopeptides, colloids and glycans. The probiotics are embedded in the core of a capsule, surrounded by the colonisation, nutrient-rich, antioxidant, bile-resistant and acid- resistant layers. The outer 3 layers (acid resistant, bile resistant and antioxidant) provide a physical barrier against harsh conditions such as gastric acid, bile, heat, humidity and stress, to ensure the probiotics are delivered to the gut alive. The nutrient-rich layer keeps the probiotics and intestinal lining healthy while the colonisation layer combines the probiotics and prebiotics to increase colonisation of probiotics at the intestinal lining.
4. How soon and how do I tell if FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness is effective?
The positive results of FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness can be observed within 3 days of consumption though it may vary between individuals. The most obvious improvement are reliefs in gastrointestinal symptoms such as constipation, diarrhoea or bloating, these are indications that FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness is effective. Most people will also notice higher energy levels resulting from better nutrient absorption as well as improvements such as stronger immunity, clearer skin and enhancement in overall well-being.
5. How often should I take FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness for my gut health?
Unhealthy diet (caffeine, wine, bad food choices) and lifestyle factors (such as stress and late nights) can negatively impact the balance of gut microflora. It is highly recommended to replenish good bacteria in the digestive tract on a daily basis with FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness, to maintain good gastrointestinal health.
6. What are the functions of Frutafit® inulin in FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness?
Frutafit® inulin is a natural extract from chicory root, it serves as a prebiotic and a soluble dietary fibre. Prebiotics help to nourish and promote the growth of the supplemented probiotics. They also feed the unique resident good bacteria in the gut. Frutafit® inulin is non-digestible by human digestive system, it acts as a dietary fibre to improve digestion and bowel movements.
7. Can I take FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness with vitamins and other supplements?
Yes, it is safe to do so.
8. Can I take FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness with antibiotics?
Yes. However, it is advisable to have a 2-hour gap between FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness and antibiotics to ensure its efficacy is not compromised.
9. Will FloraGenesis Ultra-Wellness cause diarrhoea, bloating or gassiness?
No, it will not. Instead, it will help relieve these gastrointestinal discomforts. However, if you are taking probiotic supplement for the first time, it is recommended to start with ⅓ sachet and gradually increase the dosage. This helps your body to adjust to the probiotic regimen.
Active Ingredients in 1 sachet:
Proprietary Blend of 15 Probiotic Strains* (50 Billion CFU), Dietary Fibre 4g, SunfiberTM (Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum) 5g, B. coagulans, B. subtilis natto, B.bifidum, B. lactis, B. longum, C.butyricum, L. acidophilus, L. paracasei, L. plantarum, L. rhamnosus GG(FloraGGTM ), L. casei, L. lactis, P. acidilactici, S. boulardii, S. thermophilus
No gluten, laxatives, wheat, yeast, preservatives, artificial colouring or flavouring. Safe and free of heavy metals.
Non-allergenic: does not contain gluten, crustaceans, eggs, fish, peanuts, soybeans, milk, nuts, celery, mustard, sesame, sulphur dioxide and sulphite, lupine.
Directions of Use:
Mix content into 250ml water or beverage (< 40 degrees Celsius). Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water during the day for maximal efficacy.
Adults or children >12 years:
- For general health maintenance: 1 sachet daily (If taking probiotic supplement for the first time, start with ⅓ sachet and gradually increase the dosage.)
- For detoxification or serious health concerns: 2 to 3 sachets daily, taken separately
If you have the following concerns, please take 1 sachet twice daily before meals to reduce post-meal glucose spike (total 2 sachets a day):
- Body weight concern
- High cholesterol, triglyceride (TG) or body fat
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver
Children (8 to 12 years): ½ sachet daily
Young children (3 to 7 years): ⅕ sachet daily
Dietary supplements are not a substitute for a healthy diet. If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, please consult your physician before consuming any supplements.
Store in a cool, dry place at room temperature (25 degrees Celsius), away from direct sunlight. For maximal potency, store in the refrigerator.
Recently Viewed Products
✓ Gastric & Digestive Health
✓ Strengthen Immunity
✓ Bowel Regulation & Weight Management
✓ Healthy Inflammatory Response
✓ Antioxidant Protection & Skin Health
✓ Respiratory Health